Reporting to the Foundry Manager, the Methods Engineer will be responsible for maintaining production processes whilst optimising equipment in line with customer requirements. A major part of this role will include development and implementation of a new static profiling system and updating of the current spun cast profiling system to drive forward process and production improvements.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate profiling system for managing production process
- Track and control process parameters to ensure adhesion to process standards
- Diagnose process issues and faults. Set process conditions to rectify such faults, working in a logical and efficient manner
- Complete and develop all relevant documentation including SOP’s and Quality Control documentation
- Prepare and/or approve changes to the process design as required for operational, quality, cost, safety, or other issues which may arise during the course of the design and ensure involvement of appropriate stakeholders (Technical Department)
- Responsible for all aspects of health and safety for all activities including carrying out risk assessments
- Supervision of manpower
- Assist in production as necessary and perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Supervisory experience would also be advantageous although not essential.