We require Machine Shop Turners for our client in Gateshead. Day shifts, £13.43 per hour. You will be reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, the role of a Turner is to work to tolerances and drawings. You should have good communication skills, be able to work on own initiative as well as being flexible when required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Work to tolerances and drawings
- Maintain a good standard of Health & Safety at all times
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times
- Working a three shift pattern including nightshift
- Any other tasks as requested by the Machine Shop Manager/Supervisor
You should also be time served in an engineering discipline as well as having working experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.